• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you ensure your product data is top-notch ?

bruyndoncx

I'm just wondering how everyone is managing the data entry and quality of the product descriptions, pictures, translations, search engine optimizations etc.

I have some sprreadsheets to keep track of some big areas of the website that need work completing and reviewing data entry.

I was wondering if it all wouldn't be a little bit more efficient if it was integrated in osCommerce and if I would have one or more fields to indicate when something was last edited and reviewed and if it still needs more work (and possibly by who)

For pricing data I currently use a task management system where I can set due dates and frequency of updates so I can keep track if all price list/product range changes have been applied yet or not. As any changes here are applied to lots of products at once, I don't feel the need to really tightly integrate this with osCommerce, but with the actual product content, I'm a bit struggling to get on top of things and manage it better.

Any tips you have or a particular process that works good for you that you might want to share ?

I searched for oscommerce product data quality contributions but came up blanc ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived