• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my customers dont seem to get order emails

gshutzy

i am wondering why my customers are not getting notification by email of there orders. the only notification they seem to get is the one by paypal for their payment.

could anyone suggest why this is. also it dosnt seem to deduct stock when the item is bought.

thanks

Check and see if any emails get through from the contact us page on the shop or send email option in the admin.

Check the email configuration and method is supported by your hosting package, ask your host's helpdesk.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I also suggest you to check what payment methods are loaded through the file 'checkout_process.php' wich sends confirmation mails.

If the payment method routes the customer from checkout_confirmation.php directly to the website of the payment service provider, the mails in checkout_process will not be sent.

Then the payment class must provide functions/code to save the order and send the confirmation mails,

wich I don't like.

In the page source of 'checkout_confirmation.php' you can see if the form on that page will be posted to 'checkout_process.php' or to the website of your psp.

You can also use the network tools of Google Chrome (press F12) or the network tab in Firebug-addon of Firefox (also press F12).

I always try to make sure the saving of the order and sending of the confirmation mails is handled by 'checkout_process.php'.

Of course it's your choice wich code sends the mails, but I like it to be centralized.

If customers don't get confirmation mails and you concluded it's dependent on the chosen payment method,

I would check wich files will be loaded when that payment method is chosen and the order confirmed.

i have sent an email through my contact us and it seems to be working ok. i am geting emails fom customers when they make an enquiry but the stock is not deducted and the customer does not get an email regarding the order. i think that there could be something with the check out php or could it be something wrong with a setting in the database. ie when a customer makes an order, in the edit order page where you can change the status of the order to desptatched, make comments and choose wether to notify the customer or not. the intinial stage of the order has a red cross saying that the customer has not been notified/email regarding the order.

the payment gateway is paypal. i have never heard of qtpro.

And did you figure out if the file checkout_process.php is loaded or that the customer is redirected to the payment service provider, after pressing 'confirm order' on 'checkout_confirmation.php' as i posted earlier ?

I also suggest you to check what payment methods are loaded through the file 'checkout_process.php' wich sends confirmation mails.

If the payment method routes the customer from checkout_confirmation.php directly to the website of the payment service provider, the mails in checkout_process will not be sent.

Then the payment class must provide functions/code to save the order and send the confirmation mails,

wich I don't like.

In the page source of 'checkout_confirmation.php' you can see if the form on that page will be posted to 'checkout_process.php' or to the website of your psp.

You can also use the network tools of Google Chrome (press F12) or the network tab in Firebug-addon of Firefox (also press F12).

I always try to make sure the saving of the order and sending of the confirmation mails is handled by 'checkout_process.php'.

Of course it's your choice wich code sends the mails, but I like it to be centralized.

If customers don't get confirmation mails and you concluded it's dependent on the chosen payment method,

I would check wich files will be loaded when that payment method is chosen and the order confirmed.

sorry i didnt refresh my screen before i had posted my last. i have found the code where the emails are sent, its in checkout_process.php

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';
 $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
					  'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'],
					  'date_added' => 'now()',
					  'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,
					  'comments' => $order->info['comments']);
 tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);
// initialized for the email confirmation
 $products_ordered = '';
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
// Stock Update - Joao Correia
    if (STOCK_LIMITED == 'true') {
	  if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
		    $stock_query_raw = "SELECT products_quantity, pad.products_attributes_filename
												    FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
												    LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa
													 ON p.products_id=pa.products_id
												    LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad
													 ON pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id
												    WHERE p.products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'";

however it does not seem to be getting this far but it does get further because i get a pending order email which is the second to last row in the php. way further down than the code i have just shown.

what do you mean by check what payment methods are loaded. would they be written in the code or is there something i have to look out for.

the checkout process i use is paypal.which does take the customer directly to the paypal website for payment.

also the fact that items that are ordered are not deducted from the qty. it is making me think that it is the psp. ill check to see if it still happens with cash on delivery!

just tried the cash on delivery and i got an order confirmation email. also the stock ammount was deducted. so now we know this. what is the cause. i presume that it is the payment method. so what can i do about this?

If i am not mistaken you need to set it to your checkout_process.php page. So the full url should be something like www . your store.com/checkout_process.php

So log in to your paypal account hover over the profile tab and click on my selling preferences. Go down the list and click update next to website preferences. Turn auto return to on. and then enter the return url in the box below, then go to the bottom of the page and click save.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I wrote:

So do you know if checkout_process.php is loaded when chosing a payment method that doesn't send order confirmation mails?

Edit: As 14steve14 suggested, you have to make sure everything is configured correctly.

I wrote:

So do you know if checkout_process.php is loaded when chosing a payment method that doesn't send order confirmation mails?

Edit: As 14steve14 suggested, you have to make sure everything is configured correctly.

i dont really understand the question. why would checkout_process be loaded when choosing a payment. is it loaded in the background?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have the same problems as the starter had, just not with Paypal. My customers doesn't get any confirmation mails, and I can't see order comments or discount codes.

I read what you said about redirecting to the right place after the payment has been done, so I found this piece of code that I guess can have something to do with it:

// Setting general data for Payson
 $payson_data = array(
	  "returnUrl"								   => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS),
	  "cancelUrl"								   => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT),
	  "ipnNotificationUrl"						  => tep_href_link("ext/modules/payment/payson/payson_payment_ipn_p.php"),
	  "currencyCode"							    => $currencies_code,
	  "memo"									    => PAYSON_ORDER_FROM . " " . STORE_NAME,
	  "localeCode"								  => $this->getShopLanguage(),
	  "senderEmail"								 => $GLOBALS['order']->customer['email_address'],
	  "senderFirstName"							 => $GLOBALS['order']->customer['firstname'],
	  "senderLastName"							  => $GLOBALS['order']->customer['lastname'],
	  "receiverList.receiver(0).email"			  => $this->payson_email

My provider is Payson. Should I change the first link, return URL, to checkout_process instead?

Archived