• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout + 3,5%

keijom

Hi. How I can add this. Customer pays 3,5% extra if they use Paypal.

I just tried it, 3,5% not working for Paypal express. Total not change!

I use PayPal Express Checkout. I add "Payment Type Charge" paypal_express:0:%3. This working credit card and prepayment module.

What I have to do.

Thanks.

paypal user agreement, point 4.6

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

You can in fact surcharge for any payment method (including paypal, whatever they say), IF the law of your country allows you to surcharge.

If you go back through my posts you'll find me expounding on this...

I dont find it..

You can in fact surcharge for any payment method (including paypal, whatever they say), IF the law of your country allows you to surcharge.

If you go back through my posts you'll find me expounding on this...

Can you show that post?

Normally and legal way to avoid any suspension of account, the retailers include the transaction cost in price of products or services.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The solution is to not bother trying to do it. Even if your local/national laws permit you to override PayPal's T&C and impose a surcharge, PayPal will in turn be free to find an excuse to dump you from their service.

ALL credit card payment methods involve the merchant being charged a fee for processing. 3.5% is not outrageous compared to payment gateway/merchant account. Of course, we'd all love a 0% fee structure, but it ain't gonna happen. Just build the CC fee into your prices and forget about it. Most of your customers are going to pay by CC anyway (rather than cash or check/MO), so they're accustomed to it. Only if you do a lot of cash or check/MO orders are a substantial number of customers going to feel the pinch. In that case, price in the CC fees, and consider offering a small discount for cash or check/MO. AFAIK, PayPal has no grounds to ban that. My dentist gives me a "courtesy discount" for paying by check rather than a credit card. BTW, you pay fees for depositing checks or MO's at your bank -- they're usually just deeply buried.

Thanks for the answer MrPhil. I know many pages (big) which take surcharge (in Germany). Surcharge is about 3,0-3,5%, They work from year to year!

Transactions are differences:

our shop:

credit card = 0,35% depit and 0,90% credit (Transactions)

Klarna = 2,0-2,5€ (Transactions) We move it to the customer --> 6e billing charge

bank Transfer = Oe

Last but not least --- PAYPALL!!! = 3,5%

That is the problem!