• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advice please...

JennieRoberts

" Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/jdmoscou/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 81 "

this keeps poping up on my website at the moment, and I am not sure what it means or what I should do, so any advice would be great.

( P.S, i'm not very good with technical terms, so if you could please phrase it as bluntly as possible, that would be super!!! )

Some of the core php functions were changed when the php developers released version 5.3 of php. That caused older php code to fail, which is what you are seeing. There are most likely many more failures in your shop than just that one. The fix is to replace all of the borken code with new code. There are many threads on this subject here in the forums and there is a contribution that provides many of the changes. But if you don't have the experience to make those changes, I don't suggest attempting to do it yourself.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived