• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CONTRIBUTION Product Tabs

Cyperis

But this is exactly what I have done twice, the description is still not showing in the tabs.

Hi EchoGuns & HeatherBell:

FYI.

I got a similar problem.

I installed Product Info Box first --> it's working fine.

Then, I installed Product Tabs --> only the header of the tab "Description" shows up, the entire description body is chopped off. I tried to create other tabs but they didn't show up either (not even the headers).

I am still looking at the code and can't find out where the problem might be.

Thank you.

Edited by ping_ping

@@ping_ping @@Heatherbell

I solved it moving this line:

<?php include_once (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCTS_TABS); ?> 

exactly below this one:

<?php //echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>

so the result is this:

<?php //echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>
	    <?php include_once (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCTS_TABS); ?>

If you can't still fix it, i can send you my product-info.php file.

Also trying to setup CKeditor(ver. 3.6.4) to work with "Product Tabs" I had to modify file admin(includes/products_tabs.php from(exp. tab "1"):

echo tep_draw_textarea_field ('products_tab_1[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '120', '15', (isset($products_tab_1[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_tab_1[$languages[$i]['id']] : $products_tabs[$languages[$i]['id']]['1']) );

to:

echo tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor('products_tab_1[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '120', '15', (isset($products_tabs[$languages[$i]['id']]['1']) ? stripslashes($products_tabs[$languages[$i]['id']]['1']) : tep_get_products_tabs($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = "products_tab_1[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '][1]" class="ckeditor"');

that works pretty fine !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In order to see the products tabs in admin product preview (admin/categories.php), I had to add 'pd.products_tab_1, pd.products_tab_2, pd.products_tab_3, pd.products_tab_4, pd.products_tab_5, pd.products_tab_6' to $product_query and also change the line below:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_image_name, $pInfo->products_name, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"') . $pInfo->products_description . $pInfo->products_tab_1 . $pInfo->products_tab_2 . $pInfo->products_tab_3 . $pInfo->products_tab_4 . $pInfo->products_tab_5 . $pInfo->products_tab_6; ?></td>

Hi I have a problem with my store.

I installed both you rcontribution. The Info box is working fine but I have problem with the tabs.

With Firefox and Chrome under the tab I can see the entire store repeated. Instead if I use IE I see always all the descriptions. I see the same description when I click the first tab or the second tab

Can you help me?

• 2 weeks later...

*****Update... Fixed problem - Just forgot to run the sql file. Fixed now****

Please help.... trying to add this to my site and getting the following errors:

On admin side when adding a product it get:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_tab_1' in 'field list'

select products_tab_1, products_tab_2, products_tab_3, products_tab_4, products_tab_5, products_tab_6 from products_description where products_id = '29' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Then on site when click on a product I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_tab_1' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_tab_1, pd.products_tab_2, pd.products_tab_3, pd.products_tab_4, pd.products_tab_5, pd.products_tab_6 from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '29' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Edited by PC-Mods

Hey,

yes I did that and got it to work. But now I am having a different problem....

The tabs are working and able to add different info to them on admin side but on store side they are showing up will all the text under 1 tab.

Here is link to sample product I was testing it on:

http://pc-mods.com/Store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_28&products_id=31

Hello,

So I went back through my product info page and re add the code but still got the same problem. But when I think back I am pretty sure it was working before I applied the new theme. It is a jQuery theme from themeroller. If you need anymore information to help me I will do whatever you need.

@@EchoGuns

Ok so i have been doing some more digging out trying to figure out what is going wrong and here is what I have come up the following:

-When I use a custom jquery theme the tabs stop working and just show all text in the description tab.

-But if I set it back to the factory theme (Some) of the tabs work again when you click on the product the first time and then it seems like you have to refresh the page to get the tabs to show for the ones that didn't work the first time.

Please help if there is any code you need to see just let me know. I really want to get this to work.

I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful contributions. I got both of them working together perfectly. I have attached a screenshot of a few changes that I made. I changed to order of the price and the model number and made the price larger and changed the color. I also moved the social bookmarks to under the picture. post-299553-0-57629300-1353554309_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much.

@@EchoGuns

Ok so i have been doing some more digging out trying to figure out what is going wrong and here is what I have come up the following:

-When I use a custom jquery theme the tabs stop working and just show all text in the description tab.

-But if I set it back to the factory theme (Some) of the tabs work again when you click on the product the first time and then it seems like you have to refresh the page to get the tabs to show for the ones that didn't work the first time.

Please help if there is any code you need to see just let me know. I really want to get this to work.

I had the same problem and I did a compare of the old file and the new file and noticed that

.ui-tabs .ui-tabs-hide {

display: none !important;

}

was missing from the custom css file. I added this and now it works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, is this forum still active as I have installed this add on and love it but have the following showing in the description box when I add a new product

16 ml in each bottle\r\nLuxury Style Bottles\r\nAvailable in White, Clear, Peach, Purple, Red, Pink and Black

Any way of removing the \r\n somehow

I am using 2.3.1

Ian

Edited by ianhaney

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

Installed both contributions. Problem is in the admin product desciption tabs are stacked one on top of the other, instead of opening when you click each tab. Clicking the tabs does nothing.

Also the product info page shows all description in the first tab and clicking on the tabs changes nothing.

Description Fits Tab 2 Tab 3 Tab 4 Tab 5

---------------------------------

Light Switch

Ducati 2004 696

Sorry about my drawings here tryied to show what I have.

Edited by willymec1