• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Info Page Box

Cyperis

@@EchoGuns - I need a little more help with the dialog popup window not appearing issue. I tried replacing product-info with the one from your download, and it does the same thing. Is .dialog a jquery base function, or something custom? I thought maybe there was a jquery UI dialog addon or something that you didn't mention in the install doc for making this work. The site is using Jquery 1.8.0 and Jquery ui 1.8.7, which are quite current. Something has to be missing...

@@hornetnz

Yes the dialog boxes are jquery. The versions you listed should work. Only thing different from me and you is that Im running 1.8.23 UI on my shop. Might be something to do with MTS. I could send you my product_info.php and you can try it since it would be more compatible I would think. Let me know if you want to try.

@@EchoGuns,

Here's something interesting...using your info file, clicking the reviews button gets me

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_db_query() in /.../store/product_reviews_popup.php on line 20

And the ask a question gets me

Warning: require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_CONTACT_US) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in .../store/ask_a_question_popup.php on line 43

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_CONTACT_US' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in .../store/ask_a_question_popup.php on line 43

But using my file, they add the item to the cart and redirect me to my cart page.

And, the tell a friend button takes me to the tell a friend page (not in a popup) with both versions of the file...

Edited by hornetnz

@hornetnz Do you load multiple Jquery or other scripts? All scripts that are in the product info page added by product box. Move it to the end of the product_info.php file. I think I had the same problems with those buttons

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't been able to get the reviews button to open the dialog window. <_< Spent 3+ hours on just that this weekend trying different things and every time I get 'd is undefined' in the jquery ui dialog function, before it submits the page which ends up adding it to the cart. I was able to find the reviews div in the source code and confirmed its rendering correctly with the products review content being pulled in, but for some reason the JS doesnt want to create the dialog window. I'm beyond frustrated with this 'simple' issue. Almost ready to create a new OSC install on my other domain and only install this module to see if theres any chance of intereferance from my other addons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I seem to have some kind of conflict with java and I have no idea how to solve it.

I have a simple image fade slideshow on my index page which needs some java on the "template.top" page.

This is the code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="fadeSlideShow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery('#slideshow').fadeSlideShow();
});
</script>

If I remove that code, then this contribution works fine (apart from a problem with the image! I have messed up somewhere, but that's another issue!!).

But if that code stays there, then the product page gets totally messed up. Here's the page with all java code: http://dory.gr/2013ff/product_info.php?products_id=29

Any ideas??

P.S. I'm a mere mortal (not a programmer or anything), so please forgive me if this seems like a silly question.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I installed the contribution and it works perfect.

I have added a Best Offer popup button also, I just copied the ask a question files and change to best offer. I also added it to the database.

It works fine except it wont add the product to the header.

If I change the postion of the last 2, then 1 or the other will show the product in the header but not both. So in short if there is more than 3 buttons only the first 3 will show the product in the header.

<?php echo embedded_href_replace($product_info['products_description']); ?>

<div id="reviews" title="<?php

echo 'Reviews for ';

echo tep_get_products_name($product_info['products_id']); ?>">

<?php include(FILENAME_REVIEWS_POPUP); ?>

</div></form>

<div id="tellafriend" title="<?php

echo 'Tell a Friend About ';

<?php include(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND_POPUP); ?>

</div></form>

<div id="makebestoffer" title="<?php

echo 'Best Offer Request for ';

<?php include(FILENAME_MAKE_BEST_OFFER_POPUP); ?>

</div></form>

<div id="askaquestion" title="<?php

echo 'Question Request for ';

<?php include(FILENAME_ASK_A_QUESTION_POPUP); ?>

</div></form>

Help I have come so close.

Thank You

Bill

Hi EchoGuns,

Well I finaly did it. I brought the 2 contributions to 1.

If you want to see it in action here is the link. I did swith price with model. As it is more friendly. And I fix the issue with the layout of the buttons

http://www.shoptuin.nl/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28&language=en

I was wondering if i could see your product_info.php file where you combined the 2 addons to make them work. I am trying to do the smae thing, but cant seem to get it right....

Yep, That Worked.

Is there any way I can assist you with instructions? Between your two contributions, there are some thing missing in your instructions.

I have yet to get the product Tabs to work.

At first it was stacking, then I tried the stylesheet.css change in the forum, and my whole web page repeated in the tabs.

I had no other solutions afterwards, so I just uninstalled. But I really do need it. Web page looks funny without it.

http://mtrosemedia.tk/store