• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PCI compliance giving me a hard time

dukesgrl

I keep failing my PCI Compliance with the following message telling me this is the issue:

catalog/install/upgrade.php?step=2

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to correct this? It also shows Db_Server_Password

My database is password protected. I'm running 2.2-MS2. (I know I need to upgrade!)

Thanks in advance

@@dukesgrl

Unfortunately, I don't believe MS2 can ever be PCI DSS compliant. The core code has inherent vulnerabilities and the server it has to be run on is inadequate.

Chris

I'm confused on what you are doing to get the error. you say you are running an MS2 shop but you are trying to do some installation, it would appear. Any oscommerce shop can be made PCI compliant. The older the code, the more changes may be needed but many of our hosting memebers have MS2 shops and they pass PCI compliance. Most failures, in my experience, have to do with the server, not the shop. So you need to detemine first what is causing that failure. If it is the server, then you need to talk to your host since they are the only ones that can fix such errors.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I'm not trying to install anything, My site gets scanned from Trustwave and it keeps failing, siting the issues I originally posted. I'll contact my host tomorrow and see if it's on their end before I do anything drastic.

Thanks.

The /install/ directory should have been deleted after as the installation of the shop was done. If that was not done then you can do so now.

Archived