• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Clean Install OSC 2.3.2 - USPS Shipping module ONLY Showing Library Mail

MTG Mania

Hi,

I had so many bugs and errors with my previous modded version (was dumb, didn't back up enough, and didn't test enough) that it got to the point that I felt it necessary to do a complete dump, uninstall, and re-install. I wound up installing 2.3.2, but now I am having the same issues with the USPS Shipping Module that I did beforehand. It only shows Library Mail during checkout. This is a CLEAN install, and I have NO ADD-ONS. Since I cannot do php on my own, I have hired someone to install the add-ons I need/want and will fix and test them as they install to make sure they function as they should. However, they will NOT touch my store until all the modules pre-installed WORK properly. This is the ONLY ONE giving me crap, and I do not have the money to pay for them to install a 4th module. Is there anyone who knows WHY this module is doing this, and how do I get it to work properly??

Thanks,

Cindy

There are so many USPS modules out there. I'm assuming that you're implying the one that originally comes with v2.3.2 doesn't work for you. Have you tried using this: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327/v,23

If you are on a vanilla install with no add-ons, installing this module will be easy.

1. Uninstall your currently active USPS module by logging into your osCommerce admin.
  2. Overwrite the appropriate files provided in the add-on.
  3. Install the new USPS module by logging into your osCommerce admin.
  4. Configure options to your delight.
  5. Test.

I recommend actually trying to install this add-on yourself to see how easy it can be. A penny saved is a penny earned.

There are so many USPS modules out there. I'm assuming that you're implying the one that originally comes with v2.3.2 doesn't work for you. Have you tried using this: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8327/v,23

If you are on a vanilla install with no add-ons, installing this module will be easy.

1. Uninstall your currently active USPS module by logging into your osCommerce admin.
  2. Overwrite the appropriate files provided in the add-on.
  3. Install the new USPS module by logging into your osCommerce admin.
  4. Configure options to your delight.
  5. Test.

I recommend actually trying to install this add-on yourself to see how easy it can be. A penny saved is a penny earned.

The one I had on my previous build was the USPS Methods one. I think this one you are referring to has you doing sql queries, and that is why I didn't do that one becuase I was too afraid I would do something wrong and f my database up. I can try it, and see what happens. I just don't know how to FIX it if it goes wrong, that is my issue the majority of the time, because I am php inept. Thanks for your reply!!

The one I had on my previous build was the USPS Methods one. I think this one you are referring to has you doing sql queries, and that is why I didn't do that one becuase I was too afraid I would do something wrong and f my database up. I can try it, and see what happens. I just don't know how to FIX it if it goes wrong, that is my issue the majority of the time, because I am php inept. Thanks for your reply!!

With the link I posted, you want the one that says "USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 - FIX", which does not involve any manual SQL query modifications.

The one that performs the SQL query is an add-on to this add-on.

Archived