• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sigh - Here we go AGAIN - Privacy Problems

MTG Mania

Hiya,

Ok, here we go again. Paypal Express works. I am not on here asking for coding advice (I think anyway) or anything like that. It's a (hopefully) simple issue, and a fix I am overlooking. The issue is that when someone places an order with PPE, EVERYONE (including other customers) gets the email notifications, and their order history in their account shows EVERYONE ELSE'S orders, AND their accounts get updated with EVERYONE ELSE'S name & address. I tried to adjust permissions thinking it was that, but of course that didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas on why this is doing that?

That is not right at all. Somewhere, you have made a code change that has broken the update mechanism.

In essence, you need to tie the update to the customers order. It sounds like that is not happening.

IS it possible that you can tell me how to do that? I am sorry, but it just seems like I must be stupid, because I picked an e-commerce system that I don't know how to fix or troubleshoot or anything. I don't know how to do any of this. If it's something you can't help me with, no problem, I understand, and I thank you for your response and time.

Well,

have you made code changes to the system? It seems like something was changed, as I haven't seen any of my OSC's do something similar. Which modules have you added recently?

Thanks,

--T

As other people have said, you need to back track through any alterations you have made to any code, until you find the bit that is affecting the page you are having trouble with. In a standard oscommerce set up everything work, so it must be something you have done. What you will have learned is to make thorough checks and tests before moving on the next add on.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived