• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reviews, comments and a little help

Psytanium

Hello, after a month of hard work on my shop website, here are the results www.macrotronics.net

the idea is to create a flat website without columns, and a nice find-your-product navigation menu.

everything went fine unless the (manufacturer info box) in the (product info) page. its like an elephant, i can't move it outside the column.

any comments, suggestions or help are very welcome.

Big thX for the OSC team, without this amazing engine i couldn't reached such results.

Best regards!

Ludwig Arcache

Nice one! Your site looks great!

You probably realise already that you can turn it off or move it to the right hand column using the admin->modules->boxes options in you admin, but if you want to do anything other than that you will need to make some code changes.

Multimixer had a great article here "http://multimixer.gr/03/01/2011/separating-data-from-execution-in-oscommerce-boxes/" which will point you in the right direction.

Jandy

Nice one! Your site looks great!

You probably realise already that you can turn it off or move it to the right hand column using the admin->modules->boxes options in you admin, but if you want to do anything other than that you will need to make some code changes.

Multimixer had a great article here "http://multimixer.gr/03/01/2011/separating-data-from-execution-in-oscommerce-boxes/" which will point you in the right direction.

Jandy

thank you sooo much for the information.

ill try to follow the article and see what happen.

Nice one! Your site looks great! You probably realise already that you can turn it off or move it to the right hand column using the admin->modules->boxes options in you admin, but if you want to do anything other than that you will need to make some code changes. Multimixer had a great article here "http://multimixer.gr/03/01/2011/separating-data-from-execution-in-oscommerce-boxes/" which will point you in the right direction. Jandy

Dear Shaman, the article helped me complete my goal. now all i have to do, is modify the sizes and styles.

BIG THX

Your site looks good. Are you going to release the code you used for the 'Find your products' header. That does look so good, and it actually works. I am sure others would like it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

yes sure, i will share the menu files and codes. but its going to take some time to separate the style classes and ids from the website. meanwhile i could give a general view about how it is done.

the hard part is to implement a 3 levels "Superfish menu" (i could provide you with the java and css files upon request)

then used this addon for the manufacturers drop down

and what is left are just css modifications

Archived