• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install new language

decoration-bali

Hi. Thank you both for your reply. I have downloaded the french language and I have videos that explain me how to updated my oscommerce once installed the package. There is no problem there.

My probrem really is installing the package (and I do know I must sound like a nono).

Once unzipped the french language there must be two files: 1) admin + 2) includes.

When I unzip my package I have 4 files: 1) a map called fr_FR + 2) a file called fr_FR + 3) 2x file called INSTALL

I also received an explanation how to install the package, see below:

1. Move this in YOUR_OSCOMMERCE_PATH/OM/Core/Site/Shop/Languages

2. Go into the administration panel of OsCommerce

3. Go into Application -> Configuration -> Languages

4. Click on import

5. Select fr_FR in the list

6. Select Replace all

7. Click on Import

But unfortunately I do not know where to go to find my YOUR_OSCOMMERCE_PATH/OM/Core/Site/Shop/Languages

I also do not have th option in my administration pannel: Application -> Configuration -> Languages so I cannot import the file.

I hope someone can send me a link where there is a step to step explanation with videos where someone shows how the installation is done.

Thank you so much for your help.

If you're installing on a V3 site stop, delete it all, and install v2.3.2 instead. V3 isn't ready for public use.

If you have a v2 site you've downloaded the wrong language pack. The path you posted exists only on V3 installs.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived