• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

link titles in the category and manufacturer boxes

Oza

Hi, I'd like to add the link titles in the categories and manufacturers boxes, does anyone know how to do it ? Do you know if it makes much difference for google to have them?

Cheers

O.

/catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php

Find:

$categories_string .= '<a href="';

Change to:

$categories_string .= '<a title="' . $tree[$counter]['name'] . '" href="';

I don't know if it helps SEO or not.

But I do believe it makes most sites more user friendly. Especially if your anchors aren't much different than other text on the page.

If the balloon pops up when you mouseover an anchor it catches the visitors eye and makes the anchors stand out.

I went thru the 2.2 site I manage and put the titles on all the anchors because I think it makes the site so much better.

As for the manufacturers box, I think the default code creates a dropdown if you have more than two manufacturers and I don't think you can create titles for each individual dropdown item.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I have my manufacturers as a list set through the Admin/Configuration/Maximum Values/Manufacturers List and change the value. Then in the includes/modules/boxes/bm_manufacturers.php file:

Change:

$manufacturers_list .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $manufacturers_name . '</a></li>';

To:

$manufacturers_list .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_id']) . '" title="' . $manufacturers_name . '">' . $manufacturers_name . '</a></li>';

Archived