• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to OSCommerce.. Is 3.0.2 ready for production?

swiminthought

Hi,

I'm very technical so managing and setting up oscommerce won't be a problem. I had a question to the users. Is OSCommerce ready for production use? (As in a new Internet Store) or should I be installing the 2.x branch?

Thanks.

If you have to ask which to use, you're not proficient enough to use v3.0. It's still a development platform and is not considered stable enough for a production store.

I won't even comment on your posting this to the 2.x support section, rather than asking in 3.x support...

I would have thought the warning on the downloads page was a clue.

Note: osCommerce Online Merchant v3.0 is currently in development and does not yet contain the same user-end features that v2.3 has. This release is recommended for developers and users who are participating in its development and are providing feedback.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I would have thought the warning on the downloads page was a clue.

Some hosts/application packagers were including osC 3 in their standard loads, at least before the warning was added. Maybe that's what the OP was looking at? (they wouldn't have seen the warning.) I know Softaculous had v3 in their catalog before I asked them to remove it (they're now offering 2.3.2).

• 1 month later...

Archived