• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem after install

Joe Canelas

Hi everyone, I'm new to oscommerce and after finishing the installation, I clicked on 'adminitration tool' button and a message in the next page shows. It reads:

'Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/a4377007/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19. Unable to connect to database server.'

I really don't know how to fix this problem. Although I stated, during install steps, that the database server is 'mysql6.000webhost.com' it seems it's trying to connect with 'localhost' server (so I guess). Need help, thx

@@Joe Canelas

I would suspect that this is incorrect "mysql'@'localhost"

Depending on who you are hosted with, usually the username is created by you and is unique, the database is also created by you and is unique. You then have to allow user privileges to that database as set in your database manager.

Chris

DunWeb, ok but all these things you mention are properly set and still I get this message showed. Plus, if, instead of clicking on 'adminitration tool', I click on 'catalog' button, I am returned to the install page. thx

solved this problem removing previous installation and installing again in a different directory. Not the best solution but it worked. So thank you Praful Kamble and DunWeb for taking your time to try to solve this issue, thank you!

The proper entry for the database server (DB_SERVER) is not always "localhost". That's very common, but not universal. Some web servers have the database server residing on a different host, and you would need to use that domain name (e.g., 'mysql6.000webhost.com') instead of 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'. Only your hosting service can tell you what to use.

Also keep in mind that it's common (on shared systems) for database access user name and database name to be prefixed with your account name, e.g., myAccount_myOscUserName instead of just myOscUserName. Again, your host will tell you what to use.

Archived