• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

add on broke my ability to upload images not sure which one

knifeman

I feel like I have used my help vouchers for this week, but if anyone can help on this one it sure would be appreciated.

I have the dreaded:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phphk0YLa) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/) in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/control/includes/classes/upload.php on line 86

I am building a shop with 2.3.1 and want to add numerous addons, then save the whole thing and hopefully upload as a contrib. I am building in a subdomain and have almost all the mods added in. Had a few pitfalls, but it looked good until last night. I am about to add a thumbnailer and i wanted to check out the image uploading prior to adding it. That is when i get the error above. I can edit a product, but cannot upload an image.

There are thousands of google results for this error, most being 6 years or older. So here is what i tried today.

Installed fresh on a sub folder. Image uploading works.

Moved my modded store to the subfolder overwriting the fresh install and uploading fails just like in the subdomain. So i feel like i proved the problem is with an add on and not my server.

Sessions are sql based.

This is my list of installed addons so far.

simple admin session length

admin toolbar

consolidate login

enhanced contact us

file safe

Header tags (Jack)

Info pages unlimited

master password

osc sec

quantity price breaks

remove unused images

security pro

SEO URL(Robert)

whos online enhanced

accordion categories

order num booster.

None of these altered the uploads file. QPB lets me add price breaks and seems to work just fine.

Info pages is working.

I have not run the header tags as I was waiting until I copied to my actual store, so the 'template' would be uncluttered with my tags.

I took the php self code out of app top from the SEO URL package but it did not help, so i reinstalled that code.

Does anyone see a mod that could cause the open_basedir restriction problem?

Or does anyone see a flaw in my logic and can submit an alternative solution. I really hate to go through all these add ons again one at a time to see which breaks the store if somebody here could point to one that is likely the culprit.

Many thanks,

Tim

OK, found it.

osc sec.

I removed this from app top in admin

require_once( DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/osc_sec.php' );

Which effectively turns that add on off in admin. Images can now be uploaded.

I will search the support thread to see if this is a known issue.

Tim

Looking back on the add on, I see it is not for 2.3.1. I saw it listed on this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/375288-updated-security-thread/

and thought that these were all for the new oscommerce version. I misread the text.

Archived