• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No such file or directory

knifeman

I have the following 2 errors in admin when installing a box module.

Warning: include(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/information.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 129

Same error is listed twice.

Little background. I installed info pages unlimited for 2.3.1 I made one silly mistake, but found a file I had uploaded incorrectly. Info pages seemed to work fine after that and is now. I did not need to install a module from admin. It is readily available from its own box on the left.

I then installed accordion categories which required me to go to admin/modules/boxes and install the accordion categories box.

This is when I see the error message.

So the message is correct, there is no file there.

The info pages mod does not have such a file. I do not have one to put there.

Why would admin be looking for a file in the catalog side? And any ideas on why it is looking for a file that is not in the add on?

I compared my admin/modules.php to the original and it is the same.

I posted here in general instead of the info pages thread because i am not so sure it is so much an error in the add on as it is something i have done. I searched the support thread and found no other mention of this issue.

So this is still bugging me to death. Using my limited knowledge, i have been trying to ascertain the cause of the error.

Blindly flailing now, I created a file named information.php in the directory:

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes

I left it empty, just wanted to see what would happen.

Now when i go to admin-modules-boxes. It says 3 modules avaialable to install. (it said that before too)

I click the + install modules button and no more error. I only have 2 modules to install, but no error.

So i assume the code is happy it found a file, but with nothing in it, I have no module to display.

Why it is looking for the file I still do not know.

Tim

The module installer looks for files in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/ and assumes they are all modules that can be installed. Apparently you put a file named information.php in there, and that file is not a module. So the installer is (properly) getting confused. The best solution would be to move that file somewhere else, or convert it to a proper module.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The module installer looks for files in catalog/includes/modules/boxes/ and assumes they are all modules that can be installed. Apparently you put a file named information.php in there, and that file is not a module. So the installer is (properly) getting confused.

You are absolutely correct! I deleted that one and the one I created.

Thanks so much.

Tim

Thanks also for the accordion category add on. I used one called great categories in my 2.2 stores. I think this one will do nicely in my 2.3.1.

Archived