• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Xampp and the Database

kenkja

I've run out of space on my drive which held my xampp program, so had to move it onto an external drive, got it working no problem.

Now I like to make an exact upto date copy of my live site offline, as my old offline copy is missing about 25,000 products which I added on the live site.

Do I have make a completely fresh v2.3.1 install offline and then copy my public_html files into the new install or can I just copy the public_html files straight into a new folder within xampp/htdocs.

How do I get my live database into xampp/data folder, I realise I'm going to need a new folder to hold the live database, but looking at the files in the new vanilla test install I've done they appear to be in 3 formats, .frm / .MYD & .MYI, is just as simple as downloading a backup and restoring it offline.

I guess I'll need to change the configure.php files and perhaps .htacess pointers to the database etc

thanks

Ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

I would create a new directory where the new site will be in.

1) Create a new blank database.

No need to do the below if you are able to modify your live site configure files.

2) Install a fresh 2.3.1 into the new directory and set it up using the new blank DB .. save the admin/includes/configure.php file and the catalog/includes/configure.php files

3) Delete all of the files in the new directory and plonk in your live site files, then overwrite the 2 configure files you saved earlier.

4) Then find the location of your MySQL installation and make a note of the full path to the bin/ directory.

5) Save an SQL backup from your live site somewhere on your PC and make a note of its location.

6) Open a Windows command prompt and set it to the location of your MySQL bin/

Something like: -

cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\

7) Install your SQL to the new database as follows ( filling in the red bits correctly ): -

mysql -u my_db_user -p my_db_name < C:\WHEREVER I PUT IT\my_backup_sql.sql

That should do it other than other minor settings you may have to make in case you have site specific settings in e.g. .htaccess

@Mention

Thanks for your prompt reply, will give a go

regards

ken

Os-commerce v2.3.3

Security Pro v11

Site Monitor

IP Trap

htaccess Protection

Bad Behaviour Block

Year Make Model

Document Manager

X Sell

Star Product

Modular Front Page

Modular Header Tags

Forgot to mention, if you go the route of a fresh 2.3.1 install then drop all of the tables before running the mysql query to install your live site DB.

Archived