• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search.php - cannot find border="0"

GINAG

Hi,

I am trying to locate the border="0" from the following quick search box code:-

<td align="center" class="boxText"><form name="quick_find" action="http://www.website.com/advanced_search_result.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: 120px"> <input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_quick_find.gif" border="0" alt="Quick Search" title=" Quick Search ">

Have checked all relevant files and found the above code - all bar the border code. Have removed any border code I thought it could be but no joy - and have searched google for any ideas but just can't find it.

If anyone can put me out of my misery I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

G

Is this osC 2.2? It appears to be (osC 2.3.1) includes/modules/boxes/bm_search.php or (osC 2.2) includes/boxes/search.php calling tep_image_submit(), which in turn is in includes/functions/html_output.php. The osC 2.2 version of tep_image_submit() includes a hard coded border="0", while the 2.3.1 version does not.

If you had upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.1, it's anybody's guess what the code looks like. It's not really important to clean up things like this that the validator doesn't really like. Do be sure to hit genuine errors, but deprecated attributes aren't worth worrying about.

Mr Phil - you have made my day - I knew it was coded somewhere - but would never have even thought to have looked in html.output.php. Thank you so much for your help with this - I probably am taking things to extreme with my site cleanup - but have had such catastrophic problems with google owing to the recent Penguin update - just don't want to leave any stone unturned - this was the very last error on the home page - which thanks to you has now been validated as 100% clean.

Big thanks to all for your help with this one - it has been very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

G

Archived