• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Positions when Migrating to 2.3.1

Mort-lemur

Hi,

A question has come into my mind as I continue to work on a development 2.3.1 store to replace my 2.2 stores.

I currently have google positions on the first page of search results for many of my products, position 1 & 2 for most.

When I have finished my 2.3.1 stores and migrate the data over, and replace the 2.2 stores with the 2.3.1 stores, will I lose my search engine placings and have to start again, or will the placings remain the same?

I cant get my brain around this one

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

The search engines will just see html. So long as the links are exactly the same, the meta data is exactly the same and the content at least highly similar it shouldn't matter.

If your urls are not changing serch engines are not going to see your site differently.

So incase you have some specific seo urls code in place you need to make sure its there in your 2.3.1

Also make sure that products ids are as is( If your urls have product id in it).

Also Meta tags should be in place.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived