• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add new page link to top navigation bar and footer menu

ladyjewel

Hello All,

I've recently purchased a pre customed oscommerce website. I know little about design language outside of html coding but managed to get around pretty good so far. Now I need to add an 'About Us' page link in the top navigation bar and footer menu of my website.

I have created the page modeled after the shipping.php page. I've included it in the following directories:

root directory: about_us.php

includes/filenames.php

modules/languages/english/about_us.php

Now I need to know what to do next to add it to the top navigation menu bar and the footer menu. Do I need to create a box in the information box menu file?

These are my current menu files and box files that may be relevant to this topic:

menu.php

footer.php

header.php

fm.menu.php

bm.information.php

I've checked other forums and tutorials but I feel they might be working with an older version because some of their codes and file names are diifferent than my version.

Please provide help because I really need a resolution. All I need to know is what files to alter and the coding.

Thank you

www.plentifulbaskets.com

As your template contains additional files compared to a default installation you need to find the one that has the top navigation menu in it, it should by default be the header.php.

Look at how other links such as contacts is created to make your custom link.

For the footer, of course use footer.php you should have two links in there as well which you can use as a guide.

Regards

Aleksander

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Archived