• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping module 2.3.1 - problem with installation

Irish Birder

Hi,

I've installed the free shipping module http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/840 and I am encountering a problem when a customer purchases several items.

I use the table rate module and this is what happens -

1. Customer purchases a product with free shipping only, then the shipping calculation of 0.00 is correct

2. Customer purchases a product with non-free shipping only, then the shipping calculation using table rate is correct

3. However when a combination of free shipping and non-free shipping products are selected then the shipping is calculated on the combined order total - ie, it does not deduct the free shipping product from the order total prior to calculating shipping. Despite this, a message does appear on the checkout page stating that free shipping applies to one product in the cart and shipping has been calculated on the other item.

Any thoughts on where we have gone wrong or where we should begin to look? Also, when we are setting true/false values, for options like national/international free shipping, in the stock shipping modules are those changes being carried through to the add-on or do we need to access your add-on separately?

Many thanks for any help you can offer

Archived