• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers accounts getting crossed!

bigbob2

A couple of months ago, we got an order through with a delivery address that did not match the invoice address or billing address. The customer who's account it was rang and said that he had not palced the order although he got the pending email for it. After some investigation, we discovered that the new customer added the goods to his cart, then clicked checkout and rather than asking him to log in or open an account, he was already logged in to this other customers account. He noticed that it came up with a name and address, but he though that it was an example, so he over typed it with his details and palced the order.

I could not figure out how this was possible, so I chalked it up to a weird one-off thing, but in the last two months, it has happened another two times. So three times in total, all to different people, all weeks apart. Our store is v2.2 MS2 and it has been running since 2004 without this happening ever, now I am nervous that it may be a glitch that will occur more frequently. We have 5500 customers in the system and have not installed any contributions since the first occurance or any time close to the first occurance.

Any ideas how this could happen?

Cheers

Kev

Archived