• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Domain change, cannot log into osCommerce

daryllzh

I am new to osCommerce, need help! I recently changed my domain name to another new one. I could not log in after that. I tried reading up forums and follow troubleshoots but to no avail. The log in page is available but I am unable to log in.

What I've done so far:

- Change the 'configure.php' in admin/includes and includes to point to the new site

- setup a 301 redirect .htaccess so that I won't lose traffic. Pls help! Thanks!

Yes, there may be a htaccess, but is it, hw to say, "activated"?

When you try to login to admin, does a pop up appear asking you for user/password? Or do you get till the login page on the screen being able to type anything into the fields?

The htaccess is not activated as there are no active codes in it.

When i go to my osCommerce log in, i do not get the usual pop out window, instead i go straight to the login. I can type in the fields but it it returns "Error-Invalid Administrator login attempt"

ok, so this has nothing to do with htaccess then

What you can do is following

- go to your database via phpMyAdmin

- empty (not delee or drop) table administrators

- empty table action_recorder

- empty table sessions

Then clear your browser cache

Then go to admin again, it will ask you to create a new administrator

@@daryllzh

I downloaded a password generator and tried to insert the password and user name manually via phpmysql but still to no avail. Any other ideas? Need help here. Thanks.

You can't use a password generator because osCommerce encrypts passwords and uses salt as further protection.

Chris

Archived