• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products Module on front page osc 2.3.1

Name Name

Hi, I'm interested of making/finding a featured product module to be displayed instead of the new products list, because it looks kind of stupid when there's the same air freshener displayed 9 times, only with different image and part of the name, So is this even possible?

If there is nothing available you will have to have something specially coded then. Most people are happy with the featured products addon. It replaces the new products box with products that you select from admin. Which is what you wanted. If you want to show only one product try searching for star product.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have 20,000 products in our shop and we would like to use 24 featured products on out front page... but we keep getting MYSQL time outs when I try to add more than 10 products to you add on. Any solutions.... other than that it is a great add on.... thanks.

I have installed this on one store that has more than 50,000 products, but that one has never had more than 12 featured products. It may be that other queries are slow enough that the additional load times out. Are you using cache on the categories menu, or on any other slow queries?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have installed this on one store that has more than 50,000 products, but that one has never had more than 12 featured products. It may be that other queries are slow enough that the additional load times out. Are you using cache on the categories menu, or on any other slow queries?

Regards

Jim

Hi Austen,

Maybe the categories count (left hand side categories menu) this can be turned of in admin it definitely slows the page load times with such a lot of products maybe also worth reading

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/119077-a-store-speed-optimization-in-progress/

Regards

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived