• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Step by step instructions

ArtoriousNow

I am new to OS Commerce, and would like to know the Step by Step process for setting up a platform, uploading an original site and/or picking a customizable template and intergrating with Inventory Source.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to all responses!

Art

@@ArtoriousNow

lol.....that would be nice !

There isn't step by step instructions but you can refer to the documentation.pdf found in the osCommerce v2.3.1 download as well as the upgrade_guide.pdf if you are going to update from v2.2 RC2a.

As far as a template, there are many available for download on countless sites on the internet.

Chris

Hi,

FTP software / notepad++ I preferdreamweaver (or something similar) maybe some graphic tools / hosting account /domain name / and read the forums for a few days lot of insight and obviously the shopping cart download use version 2.31 if just beginning I would not personally bother with any older template versions on offer world changes to quick.

Regards John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@ArtoriousNow

Follow the below steps for installation and for template, there are many free templates available. Just Google.

Step 1: Upload all the files and folders under catalog folder to the root instead.

Step 2: Login to Cpanel

Step 3: Select Main Menu > Advanced > MySQL Databases section.

Step 4: Select Create a New MySQL Database And Database User section.

Step 5: Fill in MySQL database name field

Step 6: Fill in MySQL username field

Step 7: Fill in Password & Password again fields.

Step 8: Click Create button.

Step 9: Go to http://yourdomain.com/catalog/install/ or http://yourdomain.com/install/ to start the installation.

Step 10: Follow instructions of installation on appear on screen.

Praful

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

If you buy a template, please ensure it comes from a reputable source that offers expert advice.

3rd party products like templates are not supported at this forum.

A friendly word of warning as lots of people make the mistake of buying a monstrous template then expecting free support from forum users.

Hi,

Yes if you are serious you need a cpanel or equivalent I have no experience with Go daddy but seems ok.

I have had personaly good support from 3 ix org .

It is bettter to have the option to create more than 1 x datebase better a few sql datebase options because of test sites etc.

It Is not really a big expensive you can change upgrade later if you decide.

Most important is that you have full control over your DOMAIN NAME my experience is that it is better to seperate domain name provider from host if you do not know host etc.

Regards john

PS: monstrous template do not buy you are on your own then with help most times!!!

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived