• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Options as Images

Does anyone know if the contribution "Options as Images", http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...tions,94/page,8 works with the current 2.2 ms1. I have tried to contact the author, but have received no response. After installation it changed previously entered drop down options to radio buttons. I also received the following error in Categories/Products Admin Area:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.status' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.status from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

try to add field

status

varchar (3)

in your table categories

with phpmyadmin or whatever you like....

it looks like you missed something with installing

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Thank you very much!

That worked.

The only other problem then becomes:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_call_function() in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/admin/configuration.php on line 83

when I click on configuration and My Store

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

i cant bring this to ms2 ... someone with more knowledge in osc needs to have a look at it

this is a great mod and i dont understand why there arent any other forks of it :/

anyone wants to have a go at it?

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

Hi

Just a quick post to say that I agree it would be a useful option to have for MS1, so I'm paying $100 out of my own pocket for a coder to fix it so it can be used ...

I'm going to use if for a friend's site, but I'll be uploading the "fixed" mod to OSC so others can use it ...

I've used OSCommerce plenty of times in the past and this is my little way of giving something back ... although, if anyone really wants to donate a couple of bucks, I won't stop you :) ... but it's not necessary ...

I'd be more interested in an email with your URL to your site so I can see where it's used ...

I hope to upload the mod within the next couple of days so keep your eyes peeled ...

Cheers

NickDaGeek

8) Cool....

You are a generous person. I will be doing something similar for another contribution in a month or so......

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Hi Deborah of loxly - any relation to Robin? :wink:

Thanks for the compliment ... :blush:

I'd be happy to fix the problem myself, except for the tiny, tiny problem that I couldn't even code a "Hello World" if my life depended on it ...

If my little gift helps a few people and the OSCommerce community along the way ... then that's fine with me ... I've gleaned so much information from the forums and enjoyed ... yes ... enjoyed using OSC over the last few months, then $100 is a small price to say "Thank You!" ...

I've said it before but I'd be happy to donate $50 or so, every time I build a site with OSC, to help fund further OSC (and mod?) development ... because let's face it, $50 for a server side eCommerce solution this powerful is an absolute steal ...

But, hey ... that's just my thoughts [steps down off soapbox] :wink:

I'll post something here when the "fixed" contribution is uploaded ...

Best wishes to all the OSC community and the developers, especially Harald ... more power to ya ...

Cheers

NickDaGeek

Hi Deborah of loxly - any relation to Robin?

:arrow: DING DDING DING We have a Winner!!!

YOU are the FIRST person to GET IT :idea:

You are cool in my book 8)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have done an MS1 merge for this contribution. Unfortunately I didn't improve the installation instructions as I am quite busy.

The files can be copied straight into a clean MS1 install - but otherwise will need a merge. Unfortunately although the original author did a great job with the code - the marking of his changes is lacking and so I would recommend using a compare tool.

best of luck ....

just noticed a bug ....

replace this function in admin/includes/functions/general.php

function tep_get_local_path($path) {

if (substr($path, -1) == '/') $path = substr($path, 0, -1);

return $path;

}

I need some help installing this contribution.

I have uploaded all the files, modified both configure.php files. But I dont know what else to do???

How can I run the "5 commands in the .sql file" as stated in the instructions.

As you can tell I'm a newbie!

Please somebody help this is the last stage of my shop.

My URL is: http://www.gocellularonline.com/catalog

Hi all,

just like to say that I had a real nightmare with this one too!!

Finally got it working to my satisfaction as you can see here:

http://www.contrastwigs.com

I think it was based on quite an old build of osC, so I needed to spend a few days messing about with it as I have used an MS2 build for this store. I've also assigned stock quantities to each colour so that colours that are out of stock are also not displayed.

One day I might tidy it up (especially on the admin side) and offer it as revised contrib. Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Mark

One day I might tidy it up (especially on the admin side) and offer it as revised contrib. Anyone interested?

That's a silly question ...

8)

i got it working, here is a screenshot...

http://www.deviantnewmedia.com/wicked.jpg

For our purposes we only use one big jpg that has a swatch and a description and a price in it ... (for visual reasons) but it can be used the traditional way too with the descriptions entered from the admin side in "product attributes"

I will need to sort it out before i can release a contrib for it.

:D

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

Hi everybody,

as a newbie to OSC with only short experience i am thrilled by the variety of cons available ant by the core functionality itself. I am moving on the establishing road, but this exact con would solve sooo much for me as 50% og my approximately 1000 products contain colour and other options. I have a couple of cons installed but will be able to reinstall if meltus merge is working. Has anyone tried installing it. If not I will be doing it this weekend. Of course a thorough installation giude would be very nice. But a newbie to both php and OSC, I am probably not capable to other than fiddling the install through.

cheers