• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The My Account page keeps prepopulating

lplplpx3

Signed up as a new customer. Now everytime I go to the My Account page the Email Address and Password fields are already populated from the previous registration. Consequently going back into the New Customer detail page the Password field is already filled in and the email address lists under the Fax Number field. Not very secure at all and I am using shared SSL. Is there any way to stop both these pages from pre-populating the fields/data from the previous registration?

See attachments.

post-272711-0-84591500-1339552588_thumb.png post-272711-0-07365400-1339552631_thumb.png

Thanks.

I think that is more of a browser function rather than osCommerce.

Browser:

IE - tools - internet options - content >> autocomplete

Firefox - tools - options >> security tab

Also, clear/delete your cookies.

What if a user who signs up doesnt clear cookies? Then that means the person after will have their info. Also this might be a browser issue but this never happens on any of the other sites I log into. It might store the username but never the password as well (unless I've told the passord manager to do so). I was wondering if there wasnt a script or something that could ensure (at least the password field) would be blank. And why would the info also show on a completely different page...the New Customer detail page and put the email into the Fax field? Once again behaviour I have never seen on any other site.

If this is a browser issue (which ONLY happens with OSCommerce) is there an OSCommerce code fix for it?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have been wondering about this myself cleared cookies etc but the name was still appearing??

I had to delete the first new customer in Admin really not sure if its a bug or just my system I did install a log in box on the front page but still have not got an answer

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi John,

It's good to know I am not the only one experiencing this. In my other life as a QA tester I ran across this problem in a software application I was testing where a field was retaining credit card information and the developers managed to create a fix for it so I know it can be done. I may try some other routes for help also but I know this is one of the best OSCommerce forums, somebody will come up with something (I hope)!!!

Hi Lola

I reckon MR Phil and Jan Zonjee will love this one remember quick fix delete the first customer in admn,

John :-

Hi Burt

No it was not a local browser issue I wish it was I had to delete the first customer in admin to solve??

Thought it was to do with add on log on box front page but getting this problem in Thailand web site and UK website different computer/ different windows/ different browser

John

I did install a log in box on the front page but still have not got an answer

Thought it was to do with add on log on box front page but getting this problem in Thailand web site and UK website different computer/ different windows/ different browser

Is this the login box for 2.3.1?

Does this problem happen without the login box?

Are the email and password fields filled in in the login box?

I have not been able to see this happen.

Brian

Hi,

sorry for the late reply but i think I localsied it. Will have to test again yes log in box for 2.31 that gives the option to display customer name etc the problem I found was that even after I had removed module he still displayed customer name I had to reininstall and then say no to the option of displaying customer name do not know if this was a security issue just baffled me a bit as the browser had no cookies and the module was removed this only happens in firefox not IE.

Just did not know where the name was coming from.

John

Archived