• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

blank page when hitting "buy now"

jolt72

Please help!! Am getting a blank page when attempting to go to product_info.php or on index.php when hitting the buy now button. The products are going into the cart though. Site is www.the-soapdeli.co.uk.

I have recently updated the template - but have backed up all my changes - so I have carefully re-traced my footsteps but this error is still occuring.

Any suggestions please of where to look would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks Jo

@@jolt72

First problem is you are your cookies and session settings incorrect. The OSCID should disappear from the URL within 1-2 clicks of the site.

I was able to click on a product and was directed to the product_info page but your add to cart button is coded wrong. The current action is "action=add_product" when it should be "action=buy_now" which adds the item to the shopping cart.

You are getting a blank page on the shopping_cart.php because you have 2 blank lines before the opening <?php tag. They may be hidden formatting characters if you have used anything other than a text editor (Notepad++ or Editplus+) to change your coding on that file.

The Slider is also not functioning on the index page, you may want to check the javascript for it, it shows an error on the view source page.

The last thing I want to point out is, your IP trap is NOT working. I checked to see if your admin was secured and received the IP BANNED notice and then refreshed my browser and was allowed access.

Chris

• 10 months later...

Hi, I got the same problem. Can't find where I did the error :(

The shop is not live yet, have it on this adress: www.radikaldart.no/test/dartshop

If anyone could point out what I can do, please help :)

I read other topics with same problem, so now I have tried to force enable cookies. That removed the oscsid, but still my page go blank when pushing buy now.

Here is my configure.php.

The shop is located at www.radikaldart.no/test/dartshop

If anyone see anything that could cause this error, please help :) I'll be happy to post any files that could be the problem, if anyone need to check them.

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://radikaldart.no');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://radikaldart.no');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'radikaldart.no/test/dartshop');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'radikaldart.no/test/dartshop');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/test/dartshop/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/test/dartshop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/test/dartshop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/test/dartshop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');