• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPGRADING TO NEW VERSION

infocom

Hi My name is Nathan. I have an online store for about 3 years. The version of oscommerce I use is 2.2 Milestone 2. I find new versions of oscommerce 2.2 and 3.2 available now. Are they very different from my old version? and if so How do I migrate to the new version? Thanks.

The recent working version is 2.3.1 (there is no 2.2 and no 3.2) and this one you should use

Here you can find the upgrade guide. Before doing this, you need to upgrade your store to version rc2, you are 2 versions back

The result of the upgrade process will be a "hybrid" store, not really 2.3

As an alternative - that I would prefer - you can start with a new store transfer over your products/customers/orders, make a new design and add again any addons you need. This would be faster, easier and more effective

Don't even think about osC version 3. It's not for production store use. 2.3.1 is all you should be considering. Upgrading from 2.2 MS2 will be multiple steps and you end up with a sort-of 2.3.1 that sort-of works. You'd be much better off installing a fresh 2.3.1 and transferring over (and updating) the existing database (and image files, of course).

Archived