• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display product manufacturer in Shopping cart?

al3ks

I am trying to display the name of the manufacturer for the each product in shopping cart, I have done it in product_info but here I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Regards

Aleksander

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Add manufacturer_name at around line number 76-77 of shopping_cart.php.

Like post..hit LIKE button.

osCommerce | Joomla | WordPress | Magento | SEO | CakePHP | CI

Guaranteed Website Speed Optimization!!

Manufacturers name is not present in the $cart->get_products() that is used in file shopping_cart.php

So, you have 2 options

1) Query for the manufacturers name separately in file catalog/shopping_cart.php

You need to do this within the loop (start: for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) { ) similar to how it is done to get the attributes for each product I would not do this

2) Add the manufacturers name to the $products_array that is build in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

To do this, you need to query for the name by adding to the existing query of function get_products() and then add the manufacturers name to the products_array

You will have the name then available in file catalog/shopping_cart.php in the same way you have eg the products name

2) Add the manufacturers name to the $products_array that is build in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

To do this, you need to query for the name by adding to the existing query of function get_products() and then add the manufacturers name to the products_array

You will have the name then available in file catalog/shopping_cart.php in the same way you have eg the products name

Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to do the second option, but I'm stuck.

This is what I have right now, which I know doesn't work but don't know where things need to be changed:

<?php
   $any_out_of_stock = 0;
   $products = $cart->get_products();
$products_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . $products['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
$manufacturer_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {

Could you help me get this right, please?

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

What you are trying to do right now is option#1: You add a query to file catalog/shopping_cart.php.

In the case you need to put the query within the loop, that start right after you have it now

You also need to build the query correctly, you can get an example on how to find the manufacturer name using the product id in box bm_manufacturers.php

For option #2, you need to work in file catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Here you need to modify the existing query of function get_products() , same query example about what tables are used and what the field names are

Then you add to the array that comes just after in the same way it is done for all other info pulled from that query

Finally you echo the result in file catalog/shopping_cart.php, again same as eg the products name

I just don't have time right now to post concrete code

Archived