• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Volusion's osCommerce malware ad...

WrinkledCheese

@@WrinkledCheese

They have been advertising it like that for quite some time now but they are referring to the older 2.2 RC2a version. v2.3.1 has no known vulnerabilities.

Chris

Did you click on the link and go to the website to the comparison between oscommerce and volusion. That is so funny. It looks as if oscommerce cant do anything.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

It's libelous, but the owners of osC would have to be the ones to file suit. That is, unless the detailed content actually says that any visitor to an osC store automatically faces deadly malware, in which case any osC storeowner could bring suit (because their customers are being frightened off). Is it worth the bother? Could osC launch a similar advertising campaign, targeting Volusion, and get away with it on grounds that "turnabout is fair play"?

N.B.: I am not an attorney. I only play one on TV.

Oh goody, an even larger pool of litigants against Volusion! They're depriving you of your livelihood, if any significant part of your income comes from osC work.

Seriously, I think those in charge of osC would be seriously remiss if their attorney/solicitor didn't send a strongly worded cease and desist order to Volusion.

I click on the ad as much as I can, especially after getting rid of my Google conversion cookies. They should pay for my patronage!

:not_the_usual1

[you decide]

-- Trying to figure it out, just like everyone else --

Archived