• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing text font in product description and option drop down boxes

kinetics

I am a newbie at oscommerce and have been trying to read everything I find to get solutions to issues I am having but I am just not getting anywhere. I have spent the last week (at least 6 hours daily) just trying to modify font! At this rate I will never get my site going.

I have tried editing stylesheet (all of them b/c I do not know which is which..), I tried editing the TD.main file and did not get any results. I cannot find any instruction in language I understand to even determine if I should be in the admin panel of oscommerce making changes or in the cpanel of my host account. All I want to do is change the text font color to black in the product description and option drop down boxes!

I have sat through numerous beginners tutrials and am about to give up. ..

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

i don't know how good you are with css/html but you literally have to view page source on product_info.php from your browser menu and find the class names of elements you're trying to modify the style on and edit the classes. but basically the 2 css files that you will be editing are stylesheet.css and jquery-ui-1.8.6.css. when editing the css files, i'd comment out the sections of the original code that you'll be replacing with your own code instead of just deleting them entirely. that way, you can revert back to the original code by uncommenting it and deleting your own code.

i'm in a similar predicament where i'm trying to customize the product_info.php page to work the way i want it to. the 3 files that i'm editing are - stylesheet.css, jquery-ui-1.8.6.css, and product_info.php

i'm in a similar predicament where i'm trying to customize the product_info.php page to work the way i want it to. the 3 files that i'm editing are - stylesheet.css, jquery-ui-1.8.6.css, and product_info.php

Changes to the jQuery UI file will affect the complete site, not just the product information page. Best is you leave hat file alone or create a new one using themeroller

All I want to do is change the text font color to black in the product description and option drop down boxes!

Best would be you wrap each of your descriptions in a div like this

<div class"my_description">
 Your description, you can use any html tags like
 <p>this is a paragraph</p>
</div>

You can then style the class "my_description" in your stylesheet.css file as follows

.my_description{color:#000}

You can also have my_description_1 and my_description_2 etc in case you want to use different settings

Changes to the jQuery UI file will affect the complete site, not just the product information page. Best is you leave hat file alone or create a new one using themeroller

that's true, it's much easier to use themeroller than to manually edit the jquery-ui-1.8.6.css file, you don't want to accidentally change something in the file that you didn't want to change

Archived