• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What does this mean

ezradavis72

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to kentuckywidedesign.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Is it because I don't have a SSL certificate on that domain name? I set the store up to use one but don't have one. My plan was to demo the store on my web site and after figureing out how everthing works move it to a new domain. The new domain will have a SSL.

Guys I am very new at this but you have to start somewhere. I hope I can get your help. thanks so much

If that is what it means is there a way around it? So I can continue to play with it ?

includes/configure.php should have

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

Does yours say true?

If you need to edit this file, check that it is writable (644 permissions) before trying to edit or upload it. After, restore to 444 (Read Only) permissions.

includes/configure.php should have

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

Does yours say true?

If you need to edit this file, check that it is writable (644 permissions) before trying to edit or upload it. After, restore to 444 (Read Only) permissions.

Check SSL Session ID

Validate the SSL_SESSION_ID on every secure HTTPS page request.

True

False

mine looks like this is this correct?

It's not a setting Chris mentioned but a file change. That setting won't make any difference if the ssl is disabled in the file, as it should be in your case.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a file. It won't show up in your admin. You have to ftp tp the site, download the file, edit it and re-upload it. Or use the control panels file manager. If the permissions on the file are low, which they should be, you won't be able to make the change until they are changed.

I meant Phil, not Chris.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I sure can't find that file anywhere.

Using your FTP client or hosting account file manager, locate the /includes/configure.php file and make the changes Phil outlined. Then, upload the file back to the server and set the proper permissions for that file.

Chris

See, I can follow directions. I am learning slowly. I got it changed to False and it worked. On t omy next problem. So I was able to make a account now. I added things to my cart and went to check out. It gets to Delivery Info. Then to Payment Info. Only thing I have is Paypal up for now. Then when you try to Confirm. It just seems to go back to the top? Is this something that has to be set up with Paypal or something? I was just wanting to see if it would send me a confirm email or something?

@@ezradavis72

If you have PayPal set up, it would take you to the PayPal website for payment processing and then back to your cart of confirmation. I suggest enabling the COD payment module for cart testing and then the PayPal (sandbox mode) when you are almost ready to go live. Once that is tested, go to live mode.

Chris

Ok Chris, I done that and the COD Payment allows me to contioue. But I never got order email. When someone orders a product from your osC. Does it not send you a email letting you know someone is ordering something.

@@ezradavis72

By default, yes.....you should receive an order confirmation email. osCommerce uses sendmail protocols which your server may not support. You may have to enable SMTP mail in osCommerce and configure it to use your hosted email account.

Chris

Archived