• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't log into admin control panel

newtech

I have moved my oscommerce site to another server. The front end is working fine.

I am trying to access the admin panel but I cannot get in. It is asking for username and password. I am entering the correct username and password.

To try and resolve the problem I removed the password in the database but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

@@newtech

Did you have .htaccess protection enabled ? If so, remove the .htaccess file from the admin directory. If you want to enable it later, you will need to replace the two files

.htaccess

.htpasswd_oscommerce

Chris

No, I do not have .htaccess enabled.

But I removed my .htaccess file.

So, don't have password issue. But getting 500 error-blank screen now when I go to admin URL. I checked my server error log files and it shows no errors. I have looked at my admin file folder and it looks like everything transferred over.

Any suggestions why I would have a blank screen?

@@newtech

Blank pages are common results of editing PHP files with something other than a text editor. I would check your configure.php files again to ensure the paths are correct.

Chris

Originally there was a path incorrect and i got a screen that said database could not be accessed. I corrected path. The database error message disappeared but now get blank page. I checked my config file and it is exactly the same as the original admin/includes/configure.php file other than path changes. All ' ) ; are where they are suppose to be.

OK. I am now able to read server errors.

I found my mistake, you were right it was a path error. I forgot that I moved from a dedicated server to a virtualhost server so there was a change in the root pat

Archived