• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment

Kjohnson89

@@Kjohnson89

A default installation of osCommerce does not have any password protected pages. I can only assume that a password was enabled through your cpanel. I would check the cpanel to ensure there are NO password protected files or directories.

Chris

@@Kjohnson89

If you have PayPal standard enabled, you will need to leave the button in place. If you are planning to disable PayPal standard, you can edit the shopping_cart.php file to remove the default button

Chris

Okay I did not realize that button was tied to PayPal Standard. I contacted iPage support but they sent me back here.

I noticed that "My Account" in my store is also password protected, along with standard checkout. Other parts of my shopping cart are not.

@@Kjohnson89

Ya, iPage is your hosting provider, they really don't have anything to do with what's on your server or how it functions.

Remove the cpanel password protection for everything on the /catalog side. You can keep password protection for the admin side if you wish, but it is not required as you can control that from your admin area.

Chris

Archived