• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

If/then condition before item is put in cart

svella

I am a newbie to OS Commerce and have a question re putting conditions on purchase.

I wish to include "flags" or conditions if customer wish to put certain items in the shopping cart.

For example, if the customer attempts to put item 10 in cart, I want the customer to see a notification such as: "call for best price":

If product is "flagged" (in database?) then echo "Call for best price"

1. Where is best place to put this in OS Commerce code and how?

2. Do I need another field in the product database to indicate this "flag", and if so what is best way? (such as "call")

Thanks in advance.

@@svella

You would need to edit the following files:

shopping_cart.php

product_info.php

product_listing.php

products_new.php

specials.php

/admin/categories.php

You would also need to modify several database tables and several language definitions files.

You could just change the site to be a catalog only site with "Call for price" on all products. -OR- you could add quantity price breaks so the customer automatically receives a discount based on the quantity purchased.

Chris

If you're a "newbie", you should not be anywhere near osC 3.x. No one in their right mind is going to offer that kind of support. If you're actually on 2.3.1, you're in the wrong place (3.x support). Ask the moderators to move your question to 2.x support.

All, thank you! Chris, thank you! Phil, thank you, you are correct, I posted in the incorrect place, I am working with 2.3.1 (NOT 3.x - I just saw the 3 and a neuron in my brain didn't fire correctly.

What is the most expedient way to move my question to 2.x support - how do I ask the moderators? (Obviously, I'm new to the forum also).

Thanks.

I just saw the 3 and a neuron in my brain didn't fire correctly.

For some reason, that seems to be a very common problem among osC users. Maybe TPTB should rename the category to 2.2 and 2.3 Support? Of course, then will come along 2.4...

What is the most expedient way to move my question to 2.x support - how do I ask the moderators? (Obviously, I'm new to the forum also).

I clicked on "Report" and asked that it be moved to 2.x. We'll see if that happens.

Hello,

Chris, since you were kind enough to suggest which files to edit to insert and "if/then" regarding a product:

you also mentioned "You would also need to modify several database tables and several language definitions files."

I can see modifying the product database.. what which database tables, and which languish definitions might you be referring to?

Quite frankly, I was to make is as simple as possible and deal with English, as far as lanugage is concerned.

Thanks very much in advance!!

Archived