• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specifying "out of stock" method...

swizcore

I have a product which is available in several models, I want to specify that one of the optional models is out of stock. Is there a way to do this without having to have a separate product page for each model?

For example in my specific instance, I have a goggle lens available in multiple colors, I have a single page where the shopper can select which color they want from a product attributes drop down menu but I need to set one of them as out of stock while not affecting the other optional colors.

From what I gather, it looks like this is only possible by separating each optional model into its own page.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no stock counter for product options. The best way would be to edit the name of the product option and add '[out of stock]'. However, this will not hinder customers from adding this in their cart. Or, you can just delete that product option and just say in the product description that it is also available in other colors but are currently out of stock.

There is no stock counter for product options. The best way would be to edit the name of the product option and add '[out of stock]'. However, this will not hinder customers from adding this in their cart. Or, you can just delete that product option and just say in the product description that it is also available in other colors but are currently out of stock.

Yes there is. Quantity tracker pro tracks product attributes

Chris

Archived