• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Possible? Product ordered in pounds AND ounces and tiered pricing at certain levels.

outofoptions

I'm trying to help out a small home brew shop. He sells grain just in the quantity a customer needs for a recipe. This can be a few ounces to a few pounds. Let's say a customer wants to buy 6 ounces of one grain and 2.5 pounds of another. Is there an existing solution? Google wasn't much help. Could have been my search terms. My first preference would be to let the customer just enter pounds in one box and ounces in another and let the backend do the lifting from there. That would include a different price once certain levels were reached.

I have a son that can probably write this if it doesn't exist but I'd like to learn the existing structure before I talk to him. He'll beat me less if I can tell him the underlying structure so he doesn't have to start from scratch.

Hope that makes sense.

@@outofoptions

I suggest setting the default weight in ounces and let the customer enter the weight in that form. So 16 ounces would be 1 lb......32 ounces would be 2, etc etc etc.

The other way of doing it without any code edits is to offer the weights as attributes, predefined quantities at a price.

Chris

@@outofoptions

I suggest setting the default weight in ounces and let the customer enter the weight in that form. So 16 ounces would be 1 lb......32 ounces would be 2, etc etc etc.

The other way of doing it without any code edits is to offer the weights as attributes, predefined quantities at a price.

Chris

At some point people are buying 55 pounds sacks of grain that would be a different price. Having the order 55 pounds in ounces is just too prone to error and attributes would be too many choices in this scenario.

@@outofoptions

I would think that you would have to custom code that. However, you are still going to have to set a default measurement to use as your base.

Chris

@@outofoptions

I would think that you would have to custom code that. However, you are still going to have to set a default measurement to use as your base.

Chris

Yeah, I thought as much but decided to see if there was something I could work from. I'm new to the software so I'll have to spend some time digging into the defaults and go from there. My son is pretty good at code though he has been working in a M$ shop for some time now. He's gone in and intercepted calls in Visual Studio to get around what he thought was stupid default input methods. Not calling the current code base here stupid. It just doesn't work for me the way I need it to. This is about making it as simple for the current customer base as possible.

Archived