• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers cant select georgia as state of residents... appears twice on list.

revolutionsms

I have an issue where when you create an account (or go to edit account info) oscommerce isnt allowing me to accept Georgia as my state. just says please select a state from the drop down list. I noticed the list goes florida georgia georgia guam..... how do i fix this?

@@revolutionsms

By default, the state selection is NOT a drop down, which means a contribution has been added to the site to make it a drop down. I suggest checking the contribution to ensure Georgia is in the list of available states.

Chris

the only add on i have added was a ups xml which has no affect on the account registration

when you are making an account or adjusting one it is not drop down, but once I put GA or Georgia and update it says please select a state. then it has a drop down list. Where should I look to even begin to adjust this?

Where should I look to even begin to adjust this?

In phpMyAdmin (or whatever MySQL access program you use), run

select * from zones where zone_country_id = '223' order by zone_name

and look at the results. The most likely problem is that you have two lines for Georgia. I'd recommend backing up your zones table before deleting either line. You may want to look at other tables, like address_book, tax_rates, and zones_to_geo_zones, to figure out which line is used more. The original line looked something like

(19,223,'GA','Georgia')

There is some risk here -- if you delete a line that is referenced in other tables, it can cause wonky results. Feel free to post back if you find the results confusing.

It's possible that the UPS contribution does something with zones. You might want to check for that.

Always back up before making changes.

Archived