• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

stamps.com order update

GoTTi

when using the stamps.com import module, and i send the tracking info back to the server, it updates the order correctly, but it is not contacting the customer. is there a way to have the order update and contact the customer that the order is shipped out?

@@DunWeb if you can help me....

using the stamps.com application to auto update the orders is working, but i would like to notify the customer when it updates the order delivery to delivered.

i am looking at the shippingzoscommerce.php file and inside this file i see this code here:

//prepare $comments & save it
  $comments="Shipped on $shipped_on".$Carrier.$Service.$TrackingNumberString;

if(OSCOMMERCE_SHIPPED_STATUS_SET_TO_STATUS_3_DELIVERED==1)
  {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . "
	 (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments)
	 values ('" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($OrderNumber,1) . "', '3', now(), '0', '" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($comments). "')");

//update order status
 tep_db_query(" update ".TABLE_ORDERS."  set orders_status='3' where orders_id='". $this->MakeSqlSafe($OrderNumber,1) ."'");
  }
  else
  {
  if($current_order_status==1)
 $change_order_status=2;
   else if($current_order_status==2)
 $change_order_status=3;
   else
 $change_order_status=$current_order_status;

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . "
	 (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments)
	 values ('" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($OrderNumber,1) . "', '".$change_order_status."', now(), '0', '" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($comments). "')");
 tep_db_query(" update ".TABLE_ORDERS."  set orders_status='".$change_order_status."' where orders_id='".$this->MakeSqlSafe($OrderNumber,1)."'");
  }
  $this->SetXmlMessageResponse($this->wrap_to_xml('UpdateMessage',"Success"));
 }
 else
 {
  //display error message
  $this->display_msg=INVAID_ORDER_NUMBER_ERROR_MSG;
  $this->SetXmlError(1,$this->display_msg);

}
}

now im focused in this area //update order status and i cant see anything that has to do with Notify Customers command like i would check when viewing orders.php page.

do you see it in here? is there something i might have to add to this area to make it email the customer the shipping details when it updates the order?

thanks.