• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transfer Hosting

lisatannler

We recently transferred hosting for our store to Godaddy. All the code parts of the site (HTML) are fine and running perfectly, however, the my sql part which is needed for the store to run is not working. I am getting an error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in/home/content/66/9265366/html/frontrangepooltables/store/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I am at a loss as to what to do and Godaddy will not help me at this point. Can somebody please help?

The error is saying it can't connect to the database. Did you create the database? Populate it? Change your configure files to match it?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

godaddy uses a saperate server for databases. so, if your db server setting is 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' then you got a problem. you need to find out the db server address, which can be found either in the control center or at the top of phpmysql when you first login.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I am sorry, I am so confused. This is what I see when I log in.

frpooltables1.db.9265366.hostedresource.com

* Server version: 5.0.92-log

* Server: frpooltables1.db.9265366.hostedresource.com (50.63.244.72 via TCP/IP)

* User: [email protected]

* MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

I have the SQL file that I uploaded. When I find out the name of the host, am I supposed to change it on my document and then re-upload it with the correct information?

The top of my document says:

-- MySQL dump 10.11

--

-- Host: localhost Database: pooltble_storedb

-- ------------------------------------------------------

-- Server version 5.0.95-community

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;

/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;

/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;

/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;

/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;

/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@@Unique_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;

/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;

/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;

/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

Please help me. I am so lost. Thank you.

The database requires details of the database to connect to it. When you change hosts, those details are usually different. The database might not even exist on the new server. If your host won't help you with it and you don't know how to do it, you will probably need to pay someone to do it for you. For some things, working through it in a thread like this is OK but I don't know that i would do that when it concerns the most important part of your shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

this is my last attempt to help you. if unsuccessful, then you are lacking the very basic skills.

open /includes/configue.php, find this line near the bottom of the file:

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

in you case, it must read:

define('DB_SERVER', 'frpooltables1.db.9265366.hostedresource.com');

the DB_DATABASE is: pooltble_storedb

the DB_SERVER_USERNAME is: frpooltables1

save the file and upload to the server. making sure it actually replaces the old file.

good luck!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived