• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin login problem

KitttyGaga

my web designer designed a web page for me powered by osCommerce and I used to login in the admin. I typed my domain name/admin and hit enter but now i couldn't do it. I can't asked my web designer since he is dead. Anyone could help get in to the backdoor of my website is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@@KitttyGaga

I suggest using your FTP client to ensure you have the correct path. If it is correct, check to ensure your directory permissions are set so you can access it. If neither of those suggestions work, post any error message you get here so we can see it.

Chris

Well this is what I did not I can not log in. I tried changing my password inside the cPanel where it says change password so then a error kept coming up so to try and fix that problem I changed the password back to the old one, Then since I could still not log in I went back to cPanel into Administrators and deleted me as the administrator thinking in would prop me to add another which didn't happen what do I do.

To clear a few things up:

cPanel: This is your hosting account control panel. If you set a directory password here, it supersedes any other password.

Admin: This is your osCommerce CMS. You configure your store settings here. If you use v2.3.1, under the configuration area>> administrators>> you have the option to set .htaccess protection which changes the /admin/.htaccess and /admin .htpasswd_oscommerce files to require a password to access the admin area.

If you find yourself unable to log into the admin area, do the following IN THIS ORDER:

1. Ensure you DO NOT have cpanel password protection enabled.
  2. Using PHPMYADMIN, truncate the action_recorder and administrators tables
  3. DELETE the /admin/.htaccess and /admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce files and replace these with files with the ones from the original download
  4. Log into your osCommerce admin area (www.yourstore.com/admin/) and you will be prompted to create a NEW username and password. Create them and then log into the admin area using those new credentials.

THESE METHODS ARE KNOWN TO WORK. If they DO NOT work, then you have made code edits that are preventing your username and password from being authenticated.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

@@KitttyGaga

I suggest using your FTP client to ensure you have the correct path. If it is correct, check to ensure your directory permissions are set so you can access it. If neither of those suggestions work, post any error message you get here so we can see it.

Chris

Excuse me for being so dumb but how to use FTP client and where can I find it. And where can I find the directory permission?

Thanks for your help.

Archived