• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

webpage disabled

hghmar007

Hi all,

Quick question regarding an issue that hit my website on Monday morning in the wee hours. I tried to login to the usual admin page but was greeted by this message when I tried to log in:

The site xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk has been disabled. Please contact support.

I have contacted my host who say the issue lies with oscommerce, but after reading through a few posts, I get the feeling my host is pulling a fast one here.

If anyone can help me I would be really really appreciative. By the way the webpage has been down since and we are losing valuable sales as a result of this.

There's nothing in the shops code that would create that message, assuming that is all that is showing. If you have some contribution installed that disables the shop, it might display such a message but your shop would still display. Without see the site, it is not possible for me to say for sure but it looks like a hosting issue.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

The site is prettythingsathome.co.uk and you are welcome to take a look. I suspected it may be the issue but just wanted a confirmation really.

Thanks for the help.

Just chiming in here, over the years I've had that happen a couple times, both initiated by my host.

One was that they learned of the security vulnerability in osc 2.2, but once I convinced them I had set up many security measures they were OK.

The secone time was when my oscThumb contribution was sucking up processing time. Once I explained what that was all about, they were OK as well.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

the thinking of a website would have scripts anywhere to 'disable' itself is ridiculous (you could 'close it for maintenance but not 'disable'). it has to be the act of host if not act of god. you could try to go to your cPanel, FTP, email to see if they still work. or tell your host you have no choice but switch to another host who would be more helpful.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

The original issue may well have been with your site (perhaps hacked?) but in the end your host shut you down for some reason. You need to ask them what they saw that caused them to do this, and try to fix the matter to their satisfaction. As mentioned before, osC did not shut itself down, so if they are really claiming that, find another host right away.

Archived