• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Referral System

ssoeb

Hi All,

I would like the ability to setup a commission account for tracking referral sales and then pay a commission to the account holder. On the commission

account I would like to setup a commission percentage and a redemption code for the account. Then display the redemption code on a banner that any customer

can enter as part of the shopping cart process. On successful entry of a valid code a record of the transaction history for the sale will be made against

the commission account. Note – The transaction history against the commission account should be kept separate from the normal sales history to avoid

duplication of sales history.

Then I would like to be able to generate a statement on a monthly basis per commission account details the purchase history – one line per transaction

details the sale date, product summary, total amount, commission amount etc. and totals.

Example: we put up a banner in a series of child care centres and the parents purchase online and enter the code for the child care centre. Then based on

the sales we will provide a commission payment to the child care centre.

How can this achived ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Soeb Shaikh

Hi Soeb,

I have used OSC Affiliate which does most of what you need. It allows you to create specific banners, and will track commissions based on clicks. You probably could add further to this, by making banners with discount codes that are unique to each affiliate, these discounts then would tell you that the person saw the banner at whatever website or location. From there you can run a query at the end of the month to find sales with each specific discount code and add them to the affiliate commission account. This would be useful if somebody saw the banner but didn't click on it, rather went to your site at a later date or was referred to by somebody who saw the banner but still used the discount code.

I basically did this for a few fansites I worked with a couple years ago, they got their own banner and special discount code and they posted the discount code as a banner but also in their forums. People were using the discount code I made from them but were not entering via their link or banner add. Friends emailing friends...

I will add that I have not used OSC affiliate on Osc 2.3.1 so I'm not sure how much needs to be re-coded to work.

Hope it helps

@@NodsDorf

Thank you very much for your rapid response. :shifty:

I have already installed OSC Affiliate on Osc 2.3.1

how can i use discount codes in OSC Affiliate ?

any help would be appreciates.

Thanks

soeb

My suggestion was to make banners with Discount Codes, then run a query at month end to see who used those discount codes. If you issue the discounts only to certain websites then you know who the sale is attributed too.

This is not a install and done solution it is a thought to make it work.

Hope it helps.

Soeb,

Again my idea was more of a way to do it, rather then an instant solution. So keep that in mind, and maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't want to derail your question with my thoughts..

You could use Photoshop... or whatever you use to make banners.

See attached..

Then the website would post the banners, you setup up discount codes (you can make unlimited discount codes) then at the end of the month you run a query to find all purchases made with each promo code and make add those sales to the affiliates (if they aren't already attributed to them).

post-42384-0-26617900-1336018202_thumb.gif

@@NodsDorf

Hi and thanks again,

Now i have osC Affiliate 2.8.1 and Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.31 both integrated in my system.

But want to know how to make bridge between those two contributions.

I mean how to make banners which are related to coupon code.

I assume that you can understand what i say.

any suggestion ?

Thanks

soeb

Thanks and Regards

Soeb Shaikh

Humm I actually do not understand the question.

I'm reading "how do I make a banner" which I am sure is not what you mean.

Once you create the discount code, you use that code on the banner you make with photo software. Your Affiliate software does allow you to upload Banners ? Is that what I'm missing? I know when I used it you could upload banners the affiliates could use on their sites..

Soeb,

Again my idea was more of a way to do it, rather then an instant solution. So keep that in mind, and maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't want to derail your question with my thoughts..

You could use Photoshop... or whatever you use to make banners.

See attached..

Then the website would post the banners, you setup up discount codes (you can make unlimited discount codes) then at the end of the month you run a query to find all purchases made with each promo code and make add those sales to the affiliates (if they aren't already attributed to them).

Hi again,

Can you tell me which query i have to fire to find all purchases made with each promo code

Thanks and Regards

Soeb Shaikh

Archived