• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header width and height

katman1971

Hi

Version 2.3.1. I created a header for my store 960(H) x 200(W) pixels. I changed the stylesheet to:

#header {
 height: 200px;
}

The problem is that:

1. "Cart Contents", "checkout" and "my account" are pushed down and overlap the shopping cart box in the right column.

2. Even though the header is 960 pixels wide, the header still extends slightly past the right hand side of the store.

How can I fix overlap problem and if 960 pixels is not the width of the store, how many pixels wide should my header be?

Thank you.

Look at your layout. The buttons are called in the header div so if you have an image take up the whole space they are going to get pushed down. You can use a background image or use negative margins to move the buttons back up.

<div id="header" class="grid_24">

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>
 <div id="headerShortcuts"> <!-- THESE ARE THE BUTTONS AND THEY ARE INSIDE THE HEADER -->
<?php
 echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
   tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .
   tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, null, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'));
 }
?>
</div><!--THIS ENDS THE BUTTONS DIV -->
<script type="text/javascript">
 $("#headerShortcuts").buttonset();
</script>
</div><!-- THIS ENDS THE HEADER DIV -->

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived