• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to disable international registeration?

GoTTi

@@GoTTi

no, there is no contribution that I know of, but all ou have to do is remove the unwanted countries from the database using PHPMYADMIN.....

Chris

ohh right. i exported the tables countries and zones...i can just import those at a later time if i do international orders right? i added the drop tables instructions in the sql export. it would just drop them and reinsert them right? that wont affect any current orders if any or mess with customers location information will it?

@@GoTTi

if you already have international customers, they will no longer have a country assigned. I suggest purging the international customers first.

Chris

Personally I would not mess with the database, I'd rather modify the function that populates the array for the countries. To do it properly I guess you could write a configuration value for My Store set the country, then add an allow international registration field enable / disable switch.

To do it quickly I'd just get my country id and then change the sql to only look for that id.

Personally I would not mess with the database, I'd rather modify the function that populates the array for the countries. To do it properly I guess you could write a configuration value for My Store set the country, then add an allow international registration field enable / disable switch.

To do it quickly I'd just get my country id and then change the sql to only look for that id.

That sounds like a lot more work than just removing the unwanted countries from the database. It doesn't take much to truncate them and then insert them again if needed.

Chris

It makes more sense to me to comment out a line of code mark it as original. If somebody comes in after you they can at least see what was done. Removing something from a database means it has to be put back in, which also means you should document the original database table somewhere.

Either way is fine as the end results are the same.

you guys are juggernauts with coding, im sure one of you could throw something together quickly to do this type of request....

click a button and its a US store. click the button again and its a world wide store. click another button and its a international only store...i dunno. ideas i guess.

Archived