• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Business Idea: Tell me what you think?

I recently had reason to think a certain person was trying to follow me, and/or broke into my computer and/or email. It was really bothering me, and I looked up a lot of information on google about how to detect if someone had bugged my devices. There were no clear answers that actually would get a 100% solution.

I went to a computer/internet lawyer that stated he was an expert in finding these types of hacking/bugging programs. He wanted $500 to check my IPhone, computer and email. I would then have to pay more if he had to remove the items. The one thing of value is that he said he could tell me who or what IP address had hacked into my stuff, which I could take to the police. He would charge more if he had to go to court and testify.

I couldn't afford to pay him this much. I did think it would be a good business to start as a online business to do this type of service for people. There are so many people involved in marital problems, relationship problems, business problems, stalking problems, etc that private eyes are hired to follow them. People become paranoid. I read a lot of stories about this when I was researching it.

The question how does the computer lawyer check all this stuff. I know there are computer savy people that can figure out how to do this. Especially if it could all be done without having to go to the persons house, as in all done on the internet. I would love to do the marketing on the website. In fact, I still want to get my stuff checked out. Overall, If the price were $100 or less, I would guess a lot of people would want their stuff checked every so often.

What do you think?

@@chilidogtags.com

First of all, with SO MANY proxy servers, IP scramblers and IP masking devices available that even if your system was being monitored by an outside source, you could never really track down the person doing it.

Secondly. depending on your state or local laws the act of tracking someone's IP address could be deemed as a criminal act even by a private investigator. This gets even more complicated when you cross international boundries. For example, Canada's Privacy Act has stiffer punishments than the act of hacking someone's system does.

Third, Offering this as a service would require extensive background checks on the person requesting the service because the service could be misused by pedifiles, rapist, arsonist and other criminals.

SUMMARY: Forget it ! You REALLY don't need this kind of headache.

JMO

Chris

Sometimes the source of an attack is not as sophisticated as it appears.

I recall a client whose site was repeatedly hacked despite adding every protection measure, it was thought the hacker must be some real expert, it turned out the guy had simply obtained his email login, so always knew the new passwords etc.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I know this person broke into my email account. The internet lawyer told me that one program private eyes will use is a typing program that records everything you type on your keyboard. He said, "So, when you change your password, the person just sees what letters/characters you typed into the keyboard. Therefore, they have your password."

The internet has tons of products on how to bug people and spy on people. I just don't see products or services that specifically deal with helping to find these programs and software.

DunWeb has a good point about the difficulty in actually finding the person or IP Address that hacked into your computer, and it may be difficult to provide that service or information to a person. He also points out that the laws are increasing all the time for this type of behavior. I just don't see a way to check for and prosecute the people doing it...Unless someone who is friends with the person comes and tells you how they are doing it.

The anti-virus and security software doesn't always detect the ways the hackers get in. I read that someone can send a text to your phone, and if you answer the text, they can put a tracker on your phone.

My idea is to offer a service that perhaps would just run a thorough check on all your devices, and if anything is detected, simply shut them off. If the person has a idea of who placed a tracking/hacking program on their equipment, they can take that information to the police on their own.

I don't see why there is a need to run a background check on the person asking for the service. It's the same as a person asking a company to come check their property to see if there any ways to break into their house, and fix the easy way someone could do that. We would be cutting out the criminal behavior.

I read that someone can send a text to your phone, and if you answer the text, they can put a tracker on your phone.

They can get info from your phone without putting anything on it!

If you have a 'smart phone' and use that to connect with services (email etc) and have a service at home the phone normally connects to, when your out and about the phone is still searching for that service, so all a hacker has to do is sit near a supermarket/cinema etc and gather data on the networks your phone and others are looking for, they then setup a network with the id your phone searched for, your phone finds it, says I know that one, its safe, and connects to your services as normal. The hacker intercepts the login data sent. They can do that for every 'smart phone' there. Sometime later they use your login data to their own ends.

Scary isn't it!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Yes, It is scary. This is the type of activity stalkers would use. That's why I thought it to be a good idea to have a protection/detection program for people. I looked up this topic on google, and the companies that do this protection charge a lot. It is more the costs that businesses that are very profitable can afford. The average person couldn't afford their services.

Archived