• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Relocate boxes - currency etc

insaneZane

Currently using osCommerce 2.3.1 and wish to add the currency module into the header but not sure how.

I have searched Google and so many user's have asked the same however the responses have referred to inclues/column_left.php. This file DOES NOT EXIST in my source files...

Can anyone inform me on how to place or relocate boxe modules into different parts of the site?

The reason being is I am creating my own template and don't want to ruin the osCommerce code with custom additions etc...

Note: I have disabled the boxes through the Admin/Modules/Boxes page by clicking on False where it states;

Do you want to add the module to your shop?

example of currency box in header for osc2.3.1 can be seen here (site is for demo only):

http://www.uddwebsites.co.uk/osc231/

i m going to make an addon for it if there isnt one already so watch out.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

i dont have an ebook reader (i dont want one) and i dont normally go to any personal blog sites - dont have the time. so no idea what its like but i guess mine could be different. for the time being i take it as theres one already unless someone says not what they want.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

yes you can but editting the boxes or creating your own would not make it to the header there is no code reading boxes in the header.

Ken

Instructions to create a new box are here. The Addon I linked to in my previous post adds the module code to the header, so you can add your own modules there if you want.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived