• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Listing Wrong

golf247

Hello. I wonder if anybody can help me. I have been running my oscommerce store for a number of years now, and had bits done to it here and there, but recently i am having one big problem. My new products are not getting listed in google, and if they are, the url is wrong.

eg. One of my new products is Ping Large travel cover new 2012. If you put in google "ping large travel cover new 2012 golf247" it comes up with the result top as www golf247 co.uk/ ... golf247... golf247... golf247 / ping-large-travel etc.

rather than just the www golf247 co uk / ping-large-travel

I believe that there must be something in the website that is causing this, but i have no idea what.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Stuart

I created http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7163 to address just this issue, it will inform the search engines of the correct page they should be listing and combine any ranking spread caused by multiple addresses

As to the cause, I would suspect either an issue with your SEO package and / or incorrect configure.php file settings.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived