• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Explaining Shipping charges to customers

With the constant increases of shipping costs from UPS and fedex, many customers have beencomplaining about the shipping charges. I don't charge a handling fee and use the rates as provided by the shipper's api.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to explain the shipping to customers? I have one vendor that only ships fedex and as a standard includes insurance on every order.

Perhaps a note on the shipping page would help?

@@lyonsperf

You could provide a note to explain to your customers that they are only being charged actual shipping costs, but I would suggest including it in the SHIPPING area of your information box so that it is posted for everyone to see BEFORE trying to make a purchase.

As a suggestion, depending on the volume of products you ship. You may want to contact shippers to establish better shipping rates. Most major couriers offer contract rates based on your volumes.

Chris

Thanks for the quick reply.

Most of my products are dropshipped direct from the manufacturer. Therefore I can't leverage a deal with UPs or Fedex.

The box idea sounds promising.

• 2 months later...

If I was you I would just be honest with them. Tell them the price in which you charge for shipping is the actual shipping cost in which the manfuactures are charging you.

You may also add that within the pricing insurance, packaging, fuel surcharges, and other shipping cost are associated within the shipping cost.

Archived